Art of the Photograph : Essential Habits for Stronger Compositions
Publisher SummaryLearn to take better pictures in this step-by-step, how-to photography guide filled with tips on lighting, equipment, inspiration, and more.
Featuring more than 200 of master photographer Art Wolfe's stunning images, The Art of the Photographhelps amateur photographers of all levels break bad habits and shatter common yet incorrect assumptions that hold many photographers back. This is Wolfe's ultimate master class, in which he shares the most important insights and techniques learned in four decades of award-winning photography. Along with co-author Rob Sheppard, Wolfe challenges us to stop focusing on subjects we feel we should photograph and instead, to "see like a camera sees," seek out a personal point of view, and construct stunning, meaningful images. You'll also learn how to:
· Reexamine prejudices that define (and limit) what you photograph
· See beyond the subject to let light and shadow lead you to the right image
· Find inspiration, including the story behind Wolfe's own photographic journey.
· Use formal art principles to build more compelling images.
· Choose the right camera and lens for the image you see in your mind's eye.
· Recognize the 10 deadly sins of composition—and how to avoid them.
· …and even get a behind-the-lens look at Wolfe's equipment and workflow.
Drawing on his 40-year career and based on his popular lecture series, a legendary image-maker shares a vast array of insights, advice and techniques to shift the fundamental way readers see and capture the world around them. Original.